[vox-outreach] Linux system for this Sat's demo?

Trevor M. Lango vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:11:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> Mike is bringing the LUGOD demo machine to Davis on
> Saturday, but will be
> attending the Installfest.
>
> Rather than stealing it from him just for the demo,
> I figured it'd be nice
> to let him keep it for the rest of the IF. :^)
>

> So, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to
> bring their own Linux
> system (e.g., a laptop) to the demo that's taking
> place 2pm to 7pm this
> Saturday.
>
> Unfortunately, I've still not been able to get my
> work laptop to boot off
> of CDROM (e.g., for Knoppix), so mine's useless at
> this point.
>
> At last month's demo, I simply showed off Open
> Source stuff running on WinXP.
> However, since this demo's being a little more
> widely advertised
> (e.g., it's mentioned in the March Co-Op
> newsletter!), I'd really prefer
> to have an ACTUAL Linux system on hand. (Or two ;^)
> )
>
> Thx!
>
> -bill!
> bill@newbreedsoftware.com          Check out the
> new, improved Tux Paint site!
> http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/
> http://newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/

I could be there from 2 - 7 with my laptop, freshly
installed with gentoo, er, should I say, compiled
gentoo...? ;-) I can boot off of cd so the machine can
be used to demonstrate either gentoo or knoppix (or
any other livecd's out there...?)

We do have access to AC out there, right? My Laptop
won't last 5 hours on a charge.