[vox-outreach] Booking demos for summer

Mon Jun 7 23:16:57 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 02:54:15PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> Unless anyone has a better idea I am going to book the Davis Food Co-op demo
> kitchen for one wekeend each in July, August, and September. Are any
> particular dates good or not good?

Note that STC is in July (25th-27th), so try to avoid getting too close to
that.  Not that I'm sure we're going.  STC _wants_ a Linux / Open Source booth
there, but if we can't muster up enough volunteers, there's no point in
committing and putting down $250! :^(

Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed, but... what're ya gonna do?

As for August, LinuxWorld is early in that month, and then Picnix13 should
be close after, so definitely book for _late_ in August. :^)

> Bill: are you planning to attend demos still or can you no longer do demos
> because of your new location?

I can almost certainly make the July and August ones.  After the end of
August, I won't have an official 'home' here in Davis, but I could maybe
carpool with Mike for weekend events. :^)  We'll see...

Thx!