[vox-outreach] [fwd] Linux for MISA

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 03:00:45 -0800

I'd most certainly like to see LUGOD present at this event!

I'm not certain of my own availability, but if someone else would be
interested in presenting, I can probably help put something together
(slides and handouts)!

Anyone up for it?  I'm going to be leaving Davis later this year
(looks like earlier (May?) rather than later (I was thinking August)),
and I'd like for our outreach to not end just because I'm not around to
poke my head into other group's meetings. ;)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Sherrie Navarro -----

Hi Bill,

I met you through Saclug and Lugod unfortunately I haven't been to a
meeting in a while.  I am also an officer for the MISA (management
information systems association) at Sac State.  We would like to have
a meeting to teach our members about what Linux has to offer us in the
business world (when we get there).  Many of our members know a lot
about Microsoft because we are forced to use only Microsoft products
for our degree.  I think it is a great time to introduce them to the
wonderful world of Linux.

The meeting is scheduled for April 12th from 7:30 to 9:00 and we need
someone to speak for about 20-30 minutes. We would love it if you
could do it.  Are you interested?  If not could you recommend someone?

Thank you,

Sherrie Navarro

----- End forwarded message -----