[vox-outreach] Cafe Kiosk - IceWM

Fri, 9 Jan 2004 02:23:14 -0800

Okay, I've chosen IceWM over TWM, Blackbox or KDE.  There's apparently
a TWM-kiosk variation, but I really don't like the kiosk.mozdev site, and I
didn't want to mess with installing something new.

IceWM is letting me disable TONS of options, all within the various
preference files.  (For example, no more Ctrl+Alt+T to run a term...
double-clicking the clock in the taskbar no longer launches a little
Xclock window, etc.)

Coming along nicely!  Mozilla chroming may be a little tough.  I was hoping
I could contact Darrick, who set up the Mozilla/BlackBox/Slackware kiosk
that's running at Davis Food Co-Op, but his @kdvs.org address is kaput.
(Anyone got a new address for him?  Or are you here on vox-outreach, Darrick?
:^) )