[vox-outreach] Demo this Saturday

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Aug 27 12:00:04 PDT 2004

So here's the current state of Saturday's demo (on Software Freedom Day,
which has been in the news a lot, lately!)

  * At the Davis Food Co-Op from 4pm til ???
    (thanks to Henry House and Julie from the Co-Op)

  * Knoppix discs to give away
    (thanks to Tim Riley for burning!)

  * OSS for Windows discs to give away
    (from STC, which didn't happen; thanks to numerous people for burning!)

  * Handouts to give out
    (I whipped them up; thanks to Mike Simons for copying)

  * Some OSS books to give out
    (thanks to Marsee Henon at O'Reilly & Assoc.)

So far, Mike Simons and I will be staffing the demo.  I'm guessing we'll
have LUGOD's demo computer to the hands-on-demo part.

Would anyone else like to come?  If so, let me know!  And feel free to
bring a laptop! :^)

-bill!
pr at lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/