[vox-outreach] Re: [Lug-nuts] More volunteers still needed for Gov't Tech Conf

Michael Wenk vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:01:37 -0700

On Friday 30 April 2004 01:47 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> LUGOD has acquired a booth at this year's Government Technology Conference
> (GTC West 2004), which will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center
> from Wedneday, May 12th through Friday the 14th.  [12-14 are the exhibit
> days]
>
> We're also almost definitely going to be doing a presentation on Open
> Source on the afternoon of the 12th.  CheapBytes is going to be making us a
> collection of Knoppix and GNUWinII discs to hand out, and giving us a
> non-profit discount.  We also have a collection of handouts printed up and
> ready to go!
>

> What we still need, though, are _volunteers_ who can help staff the booth!
> We also need people who can help set up and break down the booth, and
> if possible, lend us furniture (e.g., a folding table and some chairs).
>

> LUGOD (with SacLUG and RoseLUG volunteers) exhibited at GTC last year,
> and SacLUG exhibited a few years before that.  It's definitely a great
> show for our LUGs to attend, due to the growing interest in Linux and
> Open Source in general.  (We handed out ~300 Knoppix discs last year, for
> example...)
>

> So, if you can help out, please speak up!  Either reply here on
> SacLUG's or RoseLUG's list, or emaim me privately.  I'm trying to keep
> track of who is volunteering what, and when, on our 'GTC' page on the
> LUGOD website:
>
>   http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/
>

> Thank you all in advance,

Bill,

Id be happy to loan you guys two banquet tables I have in storage.  It would
have to be  a week loan(I have no place to put them where I live :( )  Do
you(or anyone going) have a van/truck?   They're your standard brown tables,
I believe they are both 8' (Tho one could be 6' and the other 8')  They're
out in a storage place near where I live(Rio Linda, probably half hr from
davis)  The only real problem is timing, the place is open 9-6 Mon-Sat, which
makes getting it on a weekday next to impossible(my best time leaving work
got me home at 5:50)  How about a saturday?  Could you get it on the 8th?

Let me know.
Mike
--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org