[vox-outreach] Speaker possibility as GTC

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:04:46 -0700

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:50:13PM -0700, Michael Wenk wrote:
> So you'll need to show that first it is not as steep a learning
> curve as they think it is, and second that if their personnell need training
> its available and costs are reasonable(Are they?)

I was asking myself that with regard to the "MS Office 2003 vs. OO.org"
comparison article on eWeek (mentioned by Slashdot today, I believe).

One of the cons they listed for OOo was lack of support, since it's
"volunteer driven."  All you get is disconnected online resources.  *shrug*

Is this actually true?  Are there not companies which provide commercial
support for OOo (and StarOffice), at a price?  (Just as you'd pay for MSOffice)

Curious,
-bill!