[vox-outreach] Speaker possibility as GTC

Michael Wenk vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:33:14 -0700

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:04 pm, Trevor Lango wrote:
> [...]

Sounds like the best way to do this one would be a full cost analysis of open
source software vs traditional.  Also, you don't necessarily have to down
either open source or traditional in such a beast.  Just be ready to show a
good business case and be able to defend against the other.

Also, you have to realize(and you seem to) that a presentation on the
technical benefits of open source is probably not going to fly well.  And I
would tailor this more towards the IT decision maker(department director)
than IT admin.  And I would highly suggest making something that shows
how(across the board) linux and OSS saves money on the budget.  Don't forget
training and productivity costs or you're asking to be crucified in a Q&A.

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk