[vox-outreach] CheapBytes discounts!

Jonathan Stickel vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:29:33 -0700

Volunteers burning handout cds:
pros:
- very cheap: free to 15c per disk
cons:
- difficult to control quantity and quality
- receiver wonders, "can I trust this poorly penned magic marker cd not
to give my computer a virus or screw it up another way"

Professional burning of handout cds:
pros:
- excellent quality, printed labels included
- receiver more comfortable testing the cd
cons:
- relatively expensive: 4x the cost of volunteer burning

if the cd actually gets used.  Can LUGOD afford it?

Perhaps the best option is to put printed labels on volunteer burned
disks.  This will take extra effort.  Currently I do not have the means
to do it myself, but I am happy to burn disks.

Jonathan