[vox-outreach] Contacted CheapBytes for WEF/GTC discs

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:56:57 -0700

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:09:42AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
[snip $1/disc]

> With media, labels, and sleeves, that's actually pretty reasonable.
> It's only a few pennies over my own costs (but then I pay for media).

Okay. :^)

> My own burn time is about 5 minutes a disk, so 100 disks is chunk of
> time.

Yeah. :^(  That's one of the biggest problems.  To get any kind of
good quantity out, we need an army of burners. :^/

<snip>
> > > I'll volunteer my Knoppix labels:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Feel like printing a few hundred? ;)
>
> Got me a deal on stock?  The real hassle is hand-feeding the damned
> labels through my laserjet (they jam through the manual tray).

Dunno.  Only ever printed labels once, and it was at Pete's, using
his label paper.  I've never bothered sticker-labelling the few discs
I've ever gotten around to burning...

-bill!