[vox-outreach] Linux tutoring request

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:39:48 -0700

A fellow from the Dept. of Trans. (who I'm /guessing/ may have discovered
us at GTC) has offered to help burn CDs for the upcoming ISSA conference,
but wondered if in return folks from LUGOD would be willing to sit down
with him and tutor him in Linux.

I've offered, since I have experience (via AOSS training center with Mark Kim
and Verbus Counts out in Roseville), but I'm a little short on time.

Here's what he said:

  I'm a newbie to Linux and been trying to learn on my own and its
  not working. I would like some one-on-one with someone who has been using
  Linux for a long time and is willing to share their tutelage with an fresh
  mind on their spare time. I live in Sac also if that is a problem. But all
  in all I would love to help.

Weekends are best for him (as they are for me, too, right now).

Anyone interested in helping out?  (We haven't done a class with DCN in
a while, and LERT and IFs are definitely not suitable for this, and neither
are the general meetings.)

-bill!