[Vox-Outreach] GTC booth is setup!

Tue, 13 May 2003 20:26:27 -0700

Our GTC booth is set up!

Doug Barbieri and I drove the stuff into Sac. this morning, met up for lunch
with Michael Wenk, Ken Herron, John Marcotte, and Marc Hall
(who supplied ~125 Knoppix discs, ~50 Knoppix discs, a copy of MSOffice2000,
and nothin', respectively).

Brian Lavender swung by the Convention Center while we were there, and
supplied us with a roll of butcher paper, a box cutter, and some tape.
I used this all to cover over the rather beat-up looking folding tables,
and to keep the computer and cables out of sight.  I also taped down the
extension cord so noone will trip on it.

Lee Welter came by, too, and brought some clear plastic magazine holders
(which weren't quite what I wanted, but could still come in useful), and
then left and came back again with a nice plastic folding 6' table,
which we're now using as a place to put all of our handouts.

At the booth right now are:

  * two 3-foot tables and one 6-foot table,

  * the LUGOD demo machine,

  * my 10Mb 4-port hub,

  * LUGOD's Wireless Access Point
    (Ryan Castelluci donated it to us during WEF),

  * one folding chair
    (Mike will bring one more, and it sounds like Doug can bring about 4 more),

  * a ton of flyers and handouts
    (thanks to Henry House for letting me copy stuff),

  * over 200 Knoppix discs  (I think; I didn't count),

  * all of the left-over Oracle9i CD sets,

  * the O'Reilly stuff we got shipped specifically for GTC
    (discount coupons, lots of little "Open Source Bibliography" booklets,
    a ton of catalogs, and 2 copies each of a number of Linux books), and

  * some LUGOD signs

Tomorrow morning, I am bringing the following with me:

  * Everyone's badges,
  * 6 bottles of water,
  * 12 little fruit leather snacks,
  * a bag of chips,
  * my digital camera, and
  * my Zaurus & accessories

Food at/near the event will be expensive, so folks should bring something
else along to snack on, unless you feel like either walking far, or spending
a lot...

See lots of you tomorrow morning, bright and frickin' early!

-bill!