[Vox-Outreach] GTC: Dress code, for booth staff.

Mike Simons vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 16:11:04 -0400

--O2g7+miYGsIKoR9l

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 10:03:05AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Sat 10 May 03,  9:58 AM, Paul Miller <pmiller@innercite.com> opined:
> > The decision makers who come to a government tech conference are=20
> > noticably more dressed up than the typical tech conference.  It=20
> > wouldn't hurt to have someone in the booth wear a tie.  But of course=
=20
> > if others don't wear a tie that person will be assumed to be=20
> > management.
>=20
> that's a very good point.  of course, real hackers are expected to be
> tshirt and jeans kind of people.  maybe a good thing to do would be to
> have a mix of the two dress styles...   :)

  I'm not expecting to dress up very much for this event... based on
hearing about this thread from Bill I was thinking about wearing one=20
of my tie-dye t-shirts.=20

  I don't want to enforce any dress code... but it would be a good idea
not to wear a suit (you will look out of place in a Users Group booth).

--=20

--O2g7+miYGsIKoR9l

--O2g7+miYGsIKoR9l--