[Vox-Outreach] Re: Vox-outreach digest, Vol 1 #106 - 16 msgs

Peter Jay Salzman vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 10 May 2003 10:03:05 -0700

On Sat 10 May 03,  9:58 AM, Paul Miller <pmiller@innercite.com> opined:

> >Message: 6
> >From: Michael Wenk <wenk@praxis.homedns.org>
> >To: vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
> >Subject: Re: [Vox-Outreach] GTC passes
> >Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 19:33:36 -0700
> >
> >On Thursday 08 May 2003 12:26 pm, Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote:
> >> Hi GTC people
> >>
> >> 1. I'm staffing on May 14 (Wed.) and would very much like a ride.
> >>
> >> 2. Should we all wear our LUGOD t-shirts?
> >
> >I was actually planning on doing this sorta dressy.   Slacks and what
> >not(the
> >jury's out on the tie atm.)  Or should I not?
> >
> >As for the ride, I live in sac, and am either gonna drive down, or take
> >light
> >rail downtown.
> >
> >Mike
> >

> >--
> >wenk@praxis.homedns.org
> >Mike Wenk
>
> The decision makers who come to a government tech conference are
> noticably more dressed up than the typical tech conference.  It
> wouldn't hurt to have someone in the booth wear a tie.  But of course
> if others don't wear a tie that person will be assumed to be
> management.  I don't have a LUGOD T shirt so I plan to wear dark
> slacks, shined shoes, and a white OpenOffice.org T shirt.
>
> Paul

that's a very good point.  of course, real hackers are expected to be
tshirt and jeans kind of people.  maybe a good thing to do would be to
have a mix of the two dress styles...   :)

pete