[Vox-Outreach] Rsync website on Demo box

Mike Simons vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:04:34 -0500

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:52:24AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> At the last officer's meeting, I suggested we make sure Apache & PHP were
> set up on LUGOD's demo box, and then we could Rsync parts of the website [*]
> so that they can be viewed offline (but still be interactive :^) )
>
> Mike - Can you do this before the next demo?  (March 15th)
>

> [*] I suggest not downloading the mailing lists or presentation notes.
>     (Maybe download some of the most recent part of the mailing lists;
>     like the current month's?  Just to show that we have a nice list archive?)
>
>     The photos eat a ton of disk space, too, but they're always very cool
>     to show off to people ;)  Plus, I can use them in The Gimp >:^)

Of the lugod.org website the following files can't be downloaded...
===
find: ./vote: Permission denied
find: ./mailinglists/archives/vox-outreach: Permission denied
cat: ./documents/faq/faq.diff: Permission denied
cat: ./documents/media/kdvs-2002.01.23.mp3: Permission denied
cat: ./documents/media/kdvs-2002.09.25.rm: Permission denied
cat: ./documents/media/kdvs-2001.12.05.mp3: Permission denied
===

  All files appear to be about 206 Meg, which doesn't sound too bad.
I'm starting to transfer now.  We can prune things down later... if
space becomes a problem.

  After the site is here I will need to filled with the apache/PHP stuff,
to make sure it works.

- Is 'http://localhost/~lugod/' acceptable for a URL?
  (it might be possible to do something funky... like using
   "http://demo.lugod.org/" with help from /etc/hosts).