[Vox-Outreach] Re: LWE: Speakers and BOF sessions

Mike Simons vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:49:17 -0400

--hK8Uo4Yp55NZU70L

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:27:54AM -0500, Kathy Moran wrote:
> Please see below in CAPS for answers to your questions. I hope it helps.
> Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

  The gist of this is that we will not be doing a BOF this year... but
they like the idea, possibly next year.

[...my message and hers are intermingled below...]

> Kathy Moran,
>=20
>   I am with the Linux Users' Group of Davis (http://www.lugod.org/) and
> we have a booth in the .ORG pavilion of Linux World Expo this summer
> (in San Francisco).  Last weekend we thought about doing a Birds of
> a Feather session, something along the lines of "How to be an effective
> Linux Users Group" (to share ideas about what sort of activities and
> services interest many users).
>=20
>   Unfortunately, I see submission of new Birds of a Feather topics
> are are closed.  So we can plan better next year I'm wondering:
>=20
> - When was the BOF cutoff was for this year?
> THE CUTOFF WAS BACK IN MAY; WE HAVE TO WORK AROUND OUR ONSITE SHOWGUIDE
> DEADLINES SO THAT WE HAVE EVERYTHING FINALIZED FOR THE PROGRAM BEFORE THE
> GUIDE GOES TO PRINT.
>=20
> - Is it possible that some cancellations will open up a session
>   slot for this year, which we may be able to fill on a waiting list
>   basis?
> TYPICALLY LINUXWORLD DOESN'T OPEN UP ANY SLOTS, ONLY BECAUSE I'M LUCKY NO
> ONE CANCELS, BUT I'LL BE HAPPY TO ADD YOU TO THE WAITING LIST. NEVER SAY
> NEVER!
>=20
> - Are there any other groups doing a similar talk?
>   (I couldn't find a list of BOF topics for this year on your site).
> NO, WE DON'T HAVE ANY USER GROUPS PARTICIPATING. I AGREE THAT IT WOULD BE=
> GOOD BOF TO BRING INTO THE SHOW, AND I'LL DEFINATELY LET YOU KNOW WHEN
> WE'RE LOOKING FOR FUTURE SUBMISSIONS.

--=20

--hK8Uo4Yp55NZU70L

--hK8Uo4Yp55NZU70L--