[Vox-Outreach] Possibly needed: Knoppix discs for July 16th SacPCUG meeting

Sat, 14 Jun 2003 03:04:20 -0700

Shortly after GTC, I spoke with Paul Miller to see if he thought we should
contact the Sacramento PC Users Group (SacPCUG) and ask if they'd be
interested in a talk/demo on OpenOffice.org and/or Knoppix.

They sounded interested in both, and would welcome us to come speak on the
same night.  (They often have two guest speakers per meeting.)

Anyway, nothing has been confirmed yet, but last _I_ heard, they're still
interested in both talks, and both on the same night.  Paul has been speaking
with them to see when he could do an OpenOffice.org talk, and it MIGHT end
up being at their next meeting, Wednesday, July 16th.

This would mean that (again, so far as I know) that would be the same night
for the Knoppix demo.

It sounds like Paul can get some OpenOffice.org CDROMs to hand out.
So I was wondering if people would be willing to burn some Knoppix discs
to give out at that meeting, too...  (assuming Knoppix is still on, and
the talks end up being on that date...  of course, it's not too big a deal
if we happen to have extra Knoppixes to give out to folks if this doesn't
happen :^) )

Please let me know via private e-mail if you think you can help out.
Last I heard, LUGOD has about 300 blank CDROMs.  I'm in possession of 200 of
them. :^)  So I've got plenty of discs to give you if you can burn 'em!

Thanks!  I'll obviously post more once I find out what exactly's going on.
I figured I'd give this 'heads-up' in the meantime...

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/