[Vox-Outreach] [fwd] AmiWest 2003

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:41:09 -0700

As promised (sorry it took me so long; had to get to Sacramento
earlier this afternoon)...

----- Forwarded message from Brian Deneen <bdeneen@calweb.com> -----

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:01:42 +0600
From: Brian Deneen <bdeneen@calweb.com>
Subject: AmiWest 2003
To: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>

Hi Bill,

Greetings from Amigadom!

This year, we are presenting the sixth annual AmiWest show in
Sacramento, California, at the Holiday Inn Northeast.  We expect a
record crowd for this event.

Please consider this your official invitation to participate.  As one
of the most active Linux user groups in our area, I was favorably
impressed with your exhibit and presentation at the PC Supershow
earlier this year.  Since then, you have exhibited at the Government
show for the State of California in May.  We would like to see you
exhibit at our show as well.

How does this relate to the Amiga?  Our new OS 4.0 is nearing
completion, currently "on tour" in Europe and expected to be here for
AmiWest 2003.  In addition to OS 4.0, the new Amiga One hardware also
runs PPC Linux!  I'm sure that many will continue with Linux even
after the release of Amiga OS 4.0.  So we're far more closely related
now than ever before.  Additionally, we also have Amiga open source
software released under the GPL, something which your group has
studied deeply.

We would like to see you do a presentation on Linux itself at our show.
A presentation on the GPL would also be good.  Exhibitor details,
including the special deal we have for user group exhibitors, are
available on our website at www.sacc.org/amiwest.  Just click the
exhibitors link on the upper left hand side of that page.  Please
address all inquiries about show details to our club vice-president,
Chuck Washburn, at his email address, chela@calweb.com

In addition, I would like to personally attend your next club meeting
on June 16 and invite all of you to our show.  Any questions about
AmiWest itself can be answered at that time.  Hopefully all of you can
attend.

Please correspond at the earliest possible time so that we can reserve
your show table and announce at your meeting.  We're really excited
about seeing you at AmiWest and being more closely connected for the
future.

I hope to hear from you soon.

--
Amiga Forever,