[Vox-Outreach] GTC: LUGOD Club Description

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:14:01 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 01:47:09PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> Here is what I'm planning for our listing with GTC.  Any suggestions?
> (be quick)
>
> Contact info:
>
> Name:      Linux Users' Group of Davis
> Address:   P.O. Box 837 Davis, CA 95617
> Phone:     none

Feel free to put my home phone:

  530-759-1019

I've got a 'LUGOD' mailbox on my ans. machine.

> Fax:       none
> Email:     pr@lugod.org
> website:   www.lugod.org
> Booth:     1044
>

> 60 word or less description...
> ===
> LUGOD is a non-profit computer club serving Davis, California
> and the Sacramento area.
>
> LUGOD's focus is Linux and Open Source Software.  Our goals are
> advocacy, education, support, and socializing.
>
> LUGOD holds free meetings twice a month, with guest speakers and
> informative presentations, as well as semi-regular demos and installfests.

I'd use the word 'workshop' (either in place of, or along with, IF).
Not everyone has heard of an IF before :)

Looks/sounds good otherwise.
Thx!

-bill!
(@ mishkas)