[Vox-Outreach] LWE booth... category?

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:32:49 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:08:43AM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:

> How about: "Buzz: User Evangelism Agency"

Yeah, really. :^)  None of the categories make much sense for most of the
kind of groups I'd imagine being in the .org pavillion.
(Well, I guess the software ones do, for folks like KDE, FlightGear, etc.)

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:12:21PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > Here's what I put down as our description.  (limited to 400 characters.)
> >
> >   LUGOD is a 501(c)(7) non-profit computer club
> >   serving Davis, California and the Sacramento area.
> >   Our goals are advocacy, education, support and
> >   socializing.
> >
> >   LUGOD holds regular meetings twice a month, with
> >   guest speakers and informative presentations, as
> >   well as other regular and semi-regular events and
> >   workshops.
>
> Are they going to spell out our club name above the description?!?
>   We don't have the word "Linux" in the description at all... :)
>   ... didn't mention mailing lists and library... suggest mentioning
>   demos and installfests by name.

This is just the description.  Our full name and such will be above it. :^)

> How about this:
<snip>

456 characters, including whitespace.  I doubt it'd be readablewithoutit. ;)

<snip>
>   I have to do one of these for GTC... by tomorrow.

Cool.  I can help if you need me to.  I think we all know what LUGOD does
pretty well, though, so I trust you. ;^) ;^)

<snip>
>   Ask them if the cost can be waved for a .org booth... it shouldn't
> be too hard for them.  ;)

I've already asked what the cost is, but I DID make sure to mention we'll
be in the .org pav.

Thx,

-bill!
pr@lugod.org