[vox-jobs] [JOB] Software Security Assurance Architect - Reston, VA
opensourcestaffing at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:44:31 PST 2013
This is a full time, on-site, salaried Software Security Assurance
Architect position located Reston, VA paying $170,000-$200,000 depending
on experience + benefits + equity + relo if required. No telecommuting
allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates
preferred, but client will pay relocation expenses too. Full job/client
details shared with qualified applicants.
Do you have a passion for both security and software? Are you able to
identify technologies and processes to enhance overall product security?
Do you like working in growing, fast-paced environments that get you
close to the customer and their problems? Are you a technical leader
with good communications skills, a penchant for working in a team, and
the ability to convey information to colleagues and customers? Would you
like to work with top-notch engineering talent to make a vision into a
reality? Look no further, for we may have the job for you!
Our client is looking for motivated, experienced, intelligent candidates
to be a part of its Product organization. Be part of an innovative
start-up atmosphere, by designing and implementing software security
practices for a software product organization. Work with the Chief
Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and product engineering
organization to establish, enact, and enforce software security
standards and practices for products. Work with stakeholders to
implement processes, programs, and technology within existing
engineering processes to reduce the risk of software security flaws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement software security processes inside of product
management and product engineering processes.
* Serve as the subject matter expert for compliance of products with
desired industry and government standards and certifications, such as
FIPS and Common Criteria.
* Identify and implement software security testing tools inside a
continuous integration process.
* Establish a product security testing process; use internal and
external resources to achieve testing goals.
* Conduct product security testing and source code review on products as
* Evaluate security of third party and open source components.
* Work with Engineering leadership to define secure coding standards and
integrate security tests into automated unit and integration testing
* Develop and deliver a software security training curriculum in
conjunction with the Chief Architect and Director of Engineering.
* Communicate with customers as needed to understand and address their
security and compliance requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
or other common languages in use in industry.
* Experience assessing software security via source code and design
review as well as penetration testing.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to
communicate security needs and ideas with positive energy.
* Ability to build consensus via individual communication and in group
* Background implementing or using source code review technologies, such
as Fortify or Veracode.
* Experience integrating software security tools into continuous
* Ability to manage software security process improvement projects in a
* Ability to produce and deliver training on software security issues to
an engineering audience.
* Experience certifying products versus common industry security standards.
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
* 10+ years total professional experience, including:
* 4+ years experience in software engineering.
* 6+ years experience in a software security related role.
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary
requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
Beauregard Gould - Staffing Specialist
More information about the vox-jobs