[vox-jobs] Fw: Amazing Opportunity for a Software Engineer
cameron.tullysmith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:18:48 PST 2011
Cameron Tully-Smith / cameron.tullysmith at gmail.com / 707-321-8029 / http://www.linkedin.com/in/camerontullysmith
From: matthew at dearbornstaffing.com
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 21:19:52
To: <cameron.tullysmith at gmail.com>
Subject: Amazing Opportunity for a Software Engineer
High Frequency Software Architect
I am sending you this employment notification because I found your resume in my database and you look like you could be a possible fit for an amazing job opportunity that I am currently trying to fill. Please take a look at this job description. The position is located in midtown NYC. Please let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in this opportunity.
Join a trading firm, specializing in next generation smart alpha generating algorithms to compete globally with varying frequencies; from ultra-high frequency market making strategies to up to a week holding period statistical arbitrage algorithms. You will work very closely with CEO and the rest of the team to take ideas from design concepts to implementation.
Firm has a unique culture in finance; from beds to take a nap to Xbox game consoles to ping pong room. There is no seniority or offices in the firm. A complete flat culture is adapted. It’s one ship, one pnl and one team. Everyone works for a common goal in an open and collaborative environment where the firm's and the employees' interests are aligned 100%. Every team member participates in a completely structured bonus pool for their team where they become a partner to firm's revenues from day 1 and enjoy quarterly bonuses. You will be working with a small group, have the excitement and immediate impact only possible in a startup.
Firm is backed by a $6 billion fund of funds and highly capitalized. Communication between development and traders is constant; you will not be pigeon holed with boring projects. The right candidate will get an exposure from low level kernel programming, building low latency gateways, networks, matching engines and trading strategy algorithms to participating firm wide decisions.
Must have a passion for hands on development. Entrepreneurship is highly encouraged and backed financially.
Financial trading experience or knowledge is not necessary.
* Linux: Kernel modification/tuning, Subversion Source Control, SCons and Make Build Systems, GCC/G++, GDB
* TCP/UDP programming, TCP/IP stack specifics
* Low latency networks experience, RDMA, 10Gig, IB, nic card tuning...
* Ability to write highly-concurrent code using threads or other parallel computing mechanisms.
* Experience with low level network protocol analysis using tools like tcpdump or wireshark.
* Very comfortable in a Linux environment, especially using the shell and scripting common tasks.
* Ability to understand a system as a whole, from the application to operating system to network to destination. This is needed to analyze latencies and find possible areas for improvement.
* Personality is critical. Low ego, Team Player, work well within a software team, ability to listen and understand peers.
If you are no longer searching for a job or do not feel that this position is a correct match for you please send me an updated resume in Word and let me know what type of position you would be looking for in order to make a move and I will update my system with the correct information. If you know of someone that would be a potential fit please put me in contact with them. We have an excellent referral program.
matthew at dearbornstaffing.com <mailto:Toddmatthew at dearbornstaffing.com>
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vox-jobs