[vox-jobs] Fw: Junior Linux Systems Admin Needed - CA
cameron.tullysmith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 09:57:53 PST 2010
Cameron Tully-Smith / cameron.tullysmith at gmail.com / 707-321-8029 / http://www.linkedin.com/in/camerontullysmith
From: eman at bluewolf.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:25:01
To: <CAMERON.TULLYSMITH at GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Junior Linux Systems Admin Needed - CA
My name is Elise and I'm an IT recruiter at Bluewolf. Bluewolf is a privately held company, earning revenue from On-demand <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-demand> services for Information technology consulting <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technology_consulting> , Staffing, Database Management <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_Management> , Marketing <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing> , Change Management, and Customer relationship management <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_relationship_management> Services.
My direct client, a social network site, has an immediate need for a Junior Linux System Administrator.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 month+ contract to hire
Build and run the infrastructure for a social network site visited by millions of people each day. The environment is Linux-based, and consists of a variety of server and storage technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of best practices used in system administration and in production data center deployments
- Command of security fundamentals
- Knowledge of DNS and bind administration
- Understanding of networking technology and IP protocols
- Enthusiasm for startup work
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation and to perform off-hour maintenance activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on clear documentation and ability to draw effective diagrams
- College degree in related field
Nice To Have:
- Scripting skills – proficiency in bash, perl, awk, and other languages
- Professional experience in high-availability, high-load environment
- Experience supporting Apache, PHP, Tomcat, and Java services
- Experience with MTA administration and email deliverability
- Experience configuring and using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Zenoss, or others
- Exposure to database administration
- Software development experience, e.g., PHP/Java/SQL/C/C++
Please send resumes to eman at bluewolfgroup.com <mailto:eman at bluewolfgroup.com> .
If you are qualified and available, or know a friend with the required qualifications and interest, please email with your most current resume to eman at bluewolf.com. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you.
With best regards, We Guarantee Your Success. period. <http://media.bluewolf.com/images/success-guarantee-seal.png>
220 5th Ave, 15th Floor
New York, New York 10001
eman at bluewolf.com
Visit Bluewolf at our social network profiles: <http://tinyurl.com/n5w28x> <http://tinyurl.com/m8ohq5> <http://twitter.com/BluewolfNYC>
Note: You have been contacted either because your resume was posted to an internet job site to which we subscribe, or you have previously submitted your resume through Bluewolf. If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at a later date, please indicate your availability so that I may honor your request.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vox-jobs