[vox-jobs] PHP/MySQL Developer for cool map-based local search
map_flex at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 16:01:01 PDT 2006
Position: Senior LAMP Developer
MapFlex is an information services startup whose product (also
called MapFlex) is a website providing informational, interactive,
and social networking features to users. The site is centered on a
Flash-based map that visualizes local information (e.g. search
results, buddy list, favorite spots, etc). The site will focus on
restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and other points of interest
within Manhattan and eventually will expand to other urban areas.
The site will allow users to visualize locations and information
about these locations and to see the specific location choices,
recommendations, and movements of other users. MapFlex allows
users movements and preferences within Manhattan to be tracked and
shared with others.
Location: New York City (No outsourcing please -- All candidates
must be within the NYC metro area)
To develop a map-centered local search engine that employs a
Flash-based mapping system to visualize local search results. The
site also features a social networking element that allows users to
share their reviews and recommendations of favorite local places.
Most of the social networking features on the site are integrated
with the Flash-based map. For example, each users list of friends
is mapped. Also, users can map favorite locations, pictures, local
tags, and other features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a dynamic website with a substantial database
- Develop a Flash-based, map-centered search engine
- Assume leadership role in overall development of entire site (this
includes working with Founder & Designer directly and regularly)
- Perform ongoing support and some system administration
- Minimum of 5 years experience with object-oriented application
development using LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with database schema design,
programming, and performance tuning, specifically using MySQL
- Experience with online community/portal systems
- Experience with high volume and/or high availability environments
- Training in project management a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Diligence, attention to detail, and a sense of humor!
- Experience in Natural Language Processing
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please email resume and links to examples of your work with the
subject line reading "Senior LAMP Developer" to john at mapflex.com.
You may be asked to submit code samples. Submissions that do not
meet the previously stated instructions will not be reviewed.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vox-jobs