[vox-if] Re: [LUGOD] Installfest

Christopher James McKenzie mckenzie at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 19 14:16:10 PDT 2007

Hey,

I'm looking over it and I fully agree with everything you say and my
email records indicate that I did everything right...

My email client specifically says that I sent this email below to
federname1980 at yahoo.com in a bcc.

That guy's name is Chris and he is the one that RSVPd at 3.  I
accidentally referenced back to your RSVP and then put the wrong name in
the greeting.  But I clearly sent it to the right address ... that's weird.

I'm sorry for the confusion --- I hope Chris got it too --- but I don't
want to cause any more mishaps.  Odd...

David Wittman wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> First, THANKS for your help with linux.  Second, I'm thoroughly confused by now.
> I am David, not Chris.  Also, I think the 10am slot is the one for me.
>  Should I come any earlier than that?
No no, this is fine.

> Also, I discovered that my laptop with FC7 is not recovering from
> suspend.  I think it was actually doing that initially.  That, and the
Good luck!  No, really --- this is a long standing difficulty because
manufacturers don't really give a profanity about linux for the most
part.  We'll see what we can do regarding that but I wouldn't start
placing bets.  The support is spotty.

> external display, are the only issues I need help with tomorrow.
Those sound easy...