[vox-if] Question

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Wed Nov 7 12:06:54 PST 2007

I wondering if the Installfest would be a place where I could get a minor
problem fixed.  It's a minor problem for me, but my guess is that the
solution might be complicated.  That's why I'm asking.

Some time ago I had Kubuntu installed on my laptop. at a LUGOD installfest.
And it's worked great.

Every once and a while Kubuntu upgrades the kernel.  Kernel 2.6.17-11 works
great.  But every updated kernel generates an error message of some sort when
Kubuntu boots.  For example I used to get an single error message about a
memory problem.  The error messages flash so quickly that I cannot read them.

A few days ago I upgraded to Kubuntu 7.10 and ended up with the 2.6.22-14
kernel.  Booting generates 3 or 4 error messages that I cannot read.
Everything seems to work okay except that I only get about 40% sound.  But if
I want to listen to a CD or something on the web all I have to do is boot
into the 2.6.17-11 and the sound is fine.

This is a minor problem because use my laptop mainly in Windows XP for
business.  So I can live with things.

But I was wondering if the problem could easily be fixed at an IF.

Thank you.

Bob