Fwd: Re: [vox-if] Re: [vox-officers] October 21st Installfest

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Oct 13 13:54:44 PDT 2006

Chris posted from a non-subscribed address...

Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:36:48 -0700
From: Christopher James McKenzie <mckenzie at cs.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: [vox-if] Re: [vox-officers] October 21st Installfest
To: For planning and preparation for LUGOD Installfest workshops
	<vox-if at lists.lugod.org>

Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
>On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:56:26 -0700, "Bill Kendrick" <nbs at sonic.net> said:
>>On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 12:20:27AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
>>
>>>Also do we have flyers that I can start putting up?
>>We do now!  I hope you like it!
>>
>>  http://www.lugod.org/documents/flyers/
>>
>>If you have trouble with the PDF, try the PNG.
>>ps2pdf was acting up on me. :^/
>>
>>Good luck and thanks a bunch,
>>
>Awesome! Do you think you could change "PC" to computer?

Actually keep it at PC, it's shorter.

>Most people
>think PC means i386, but we could do macs,

Had a few RSVPs but always a no-show - always - every time.  Seth has
done them since 1999 and in the history of LUGOD installfests, I believe
we have yet to have a single ppc install.

>and if somebody brings in a
>s390 we could figure something out for that too. *Nick hopes*

You ever deal with installing a Guest on Z/OS through a 5250 or a 3270?
 Last time I did it (2000), it took me 10 hours... I think it's best to
claim what you are capable of in a Saturday afternoon.

----- End forwarded message -----

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/