[vox-if] Re: [vox-officers] October 21st Installfest

Christopher James McKenzie mckenzie at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:50:55 PDT 2006

Oh and hey hey, some of this is done.. I noted it below.

Christopher James McKenzie wrote:
> Hopefully, I'm subscribed now...
>
> Christopher James McKenzie wrote:
>> Alright, I have a better grasp on things.
>>
>> I'll be there.  Sure.  I'll reserve the room. No problem...About room
done done done done done done done done done done done

>> reservations - I have an emeritus professor, previous dean of the
>> college, a vice provost, and two tenured professors say they'd
>> volunteer to sponsor it in the odd case of the melinda in the office
>> denying me the key --- which hasn't happened.
>>
>> About fliers ... we have an old one which I think is ineffective.
>> Mostly we get employees of the University.  You may think that I am
>> wrong, but I have been to at least 60 installfests to back up this
>> claim... anyway my point is the most effective advertising isssss....
>>
>> The first four can be the same message:
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	Moreover, post it to this newsgroup and we can review it ... I think
that Bills' description is pretty solid, but post before you send...

>> . an ad on craigslist
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	I don't know where to post.

>> . an email to the UCD news groups
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	This is a pain, I hate doing it.

>> . an email to the people teaching ECS 30 and ECS 40
^^done done done done done done done done done done done^^
	They already know me and the installfests, so it was just a "hey whats
up - installfest, 21st and they knew what to do."

>> . Events section of California Aggie and DavisWiki
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	You need to go to the basement of Freeborn for the Aggie
	Put something on the events page of the Davis Wiki

>> Then you take that message and you put it in easy to read font with a
>> catchy graphic and you have your flier.  Post it in the following places:
>>     . Delta of Venus
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	Just post near the publications above the steps, before entering the cafe

>>     . Davis Food Co-Op
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	Post on the left out near the payphones near the credit union

>>     . Haring
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	In their long hallways

>>     . Young (in the hallways)
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	In the hallways of the part of young closer to downtown.  For some
completely odd reason, we get lots of people from the Psychology and
Anthropology department.

>>     . Briggs
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	This is the main Biology building.  Anything near the entrance would be
fine.

>>     . Chemistry
^^^^^^^ SOMEONE DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
	There are a few places in the lower hallways near the entrances to a
lecture hall you can post.

You can try Roessler, Olson, Soc Sci 1100, Phys/Geo, Kemper (EUII), and
all that, but I think it's a waste of time/paper.