[vox-if] July IF - is it happening?

Chris McKenzie cjmckenzie at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 7 01:21:52 PDT 2005

I know I sent this to a lot of people - I specify them by name below.
If you are either

BILL JONATHAN MELINDA SETH or PR

Then you should read this.  Everyone else is of course, welcome to peruse.

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> Chris McKenzie seemed amenable to another IF this month.  He should get
> around to reserving the room and announcing it soon (hint, hint).  By my

(Bracketed dates are LUGOD events)
       July 2005
 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                1  2
  3  4[ 5] 6  7  8  9
[10]11 12 13 14 15 16
 17[18]19 20 21 22 23
 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31

Given that, let's aim for the 17th.

MELINDA,

	Is the 17th from 10-6 open for EUII 1131? If so, can LUGOD get it?
I'm an employee now so I can reserve, yes?  If not, Levitt said that he
would indefinitely sponsor the reservations, and I can get that in
writing.

Thanks MELINDA, the rest is for everyone else.

> calculations, it should be on Sat July 16.  This is a good time, a week
> after the demo.
>
> In any event, it is always safe to tell people to RSVP.  Those always
> get sent immediately to the IF coordinators.  The more RSVPs, the more
> motivation to get things moving along :)

JONATHAN,

	I agree completely.

BILL,

	Can you perhaps update the site once I get a confirmation from
Melinda or at least put something tentative there?

SETH,

	Are you able to make it to this one?  Cause you have the
installfest bag.  If you can't, can you email it to me?

PR & EVERYONE,

	Let's get some fliers out for this and advertise it a little.
Craigslist and ucdswap the thing after comfirmation and get some paper
fliers around Davis.

BILL,

	Can you either A, get a flier together or B, assign someone other
than me to do it.  I will do it if necessary (ie, if I don't see one
within 24 hours or so), otherwise I would love for you to do it.

Thanks everyone, have a wonderful day!