[vox-if] Re: September/October IF

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 6 12:38:38 PDT 2004

I sat on this for awhile, but it's nearing the 90 day reserve ahead time 
for the Davis library.

I think Mark has a good suggestion here about having 2 IFs in October, 
but a week apart.  The normal installfest can be held on campus on 
Sunday, October 17, to be coordinated by Seth.  I will plan to 
coordinate an installfest to be held a week earlier on Saturday, October 
9, for which I will try to reserve the Blanchard room of the Davis library.

Does this sound good to everyone?  Any comments?  If it's cool, I'll 
call the library to put in our reservation on July 9 (this Friday).


To recap the upcoming IF plans, I'm coordinating an IF this month (on 
July 17).  It will be up to Seth to have one in August.  September will 
be canceled and then we will have the 2 in October.

Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Getting volunteers two consecutive days may be a problem.  How about the
> first or the second Saturday?  It's closer to the beginning of the quarter
> so it'll give the early birds a chance to start using Linux for their
> early programming assignments.  Late birds can sign up for the 3rd Sunday
> IF.  But just in case too many sign up for the early one, I suggest
> putting a quota on how many people can sign up for the Saturday IF (and
> maybe the Sunday one also.)
> -Mark
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
>>I propose, then, that the September Installfest be "postponed" to the
>>3rd Saturday in October (10/16), which I will try to schedule at the
>>Davis Library.  October's Sunday IF (10/17) can then be held as usual on
>>  campus.  This way we should be able to accommodate everyone.  What do
>>you think?

More information about the vox-if mailing list