[vox-if] Sat IF volunteers

Jonathan Stickel vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:37:05 -0800

OK, I have 3 volunteers confirmed:  Trevor Lango, Mark Kim, and Seth
Nagao.  I could use 1 or 2 more in case someone gets delayed or needs to
leave early.  BTW:  I do plan to get pizza at about 1pm.

I confirmed that I can get internet wireless access with my Laptop in
Kemper.  I have a wireless and 4 port cable hub which I can bring to
setup a local network.  I could use some help setting my laptop up as
NAT router and DHCP server for this.  Probably not difficult, I've just
never done it before.

I've tentatively assigned installers to installees:

Dennis Lohse <-> Seth
Thao Phan <-> Trevor
Russell Dsa <-> Mark

These 3 all want RH 9, they all have desktops, and they all are expected
at 10am.  In my reminder email, I suggested that they consider
installing Fedora instead.  I will be bringing Fedora disks.

2 others are expected to come a little later to get help setting up
their existing installs.  I'm sure someone will be free to assist them.

Jonathan