[vox-if] Installfest Saturday

Trevor Lango vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:06:38 -0800

[mailto:vox-if-admin@lists.lugod.org]
| On Behalf Of Jonathan Stickel
| Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 10:42 AM
| To: vox-if@lists.lugod.org
| Subject: [vox-if] Installfest Saturday
|
| I'd like to ask for volunteers now for Saturday's installfest.
| Currently I have 4 RSVPs, so hopefully I won't be overwhelmed for my
| first time coordinating!
|
| I'd like to have 3 people present, besides myself, for most of the
day.
|   Please let me know what time you can help out.  2 RSVPs are for
RedHat
| (I'll probably recommend Fedora instead), and 2 don't say.  I
personally
| won't install Debian; I've tried 3-4 times and have given up each
time.

| I know that internet access has been a major problem in the past.
| Anyone have time to work on this?  I'm going to try accessing the UC
| wireless connection from Kemper with my laptop sometime tomorrow.
Does
| anyone know if we could run a local network through wireless?
|
| I'm going to assume that someone can meet me at 10am to open the room.
| Will this be Kevin?
|
| Finally, are any of you NOT on vox-outreach?  I may post some
| installfest related information there for a larger audience.  I'd
prefer
| not cross-post here too.
|
| Regards,
| Jonathan

I would love to help out. I can be there anytime Saturday. I am very
familiar with SuSE installations. I have SuSE 9.0 Pro installation CD's
and DVD. I can bring them if necessary. Actually, I would be willing to
contribute the whole box set to LUGOD, books and all, if it's wanted.

"You need to stop what you're doing to figure out what you're doing so
you know what you need to do." - Words of Sisterly Wisdom