[vox-if] [rsvp-Aug16] SuSE 9.0 - can't play sound (modules not found?)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Aug 12 12:55:02 PDT 2004

I didn't see this on vox-if yet, so I'm fwd'ing it.
Seth, I guess you still need to confirm with them (or whatever it is you
coordinators do ;^) )

Thx!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from apache <apache at livepenguin.com> -----

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:32:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: apache at livepenguin.com (apache)
Subject: Installfest RSVP
To: nbs at sonic.net, if at lugod.org

Installfest RSVP

Name: Shorter Rankin

03_CPU: Pentium II

04_Speed: 366

05_RAM: 288

06_HD_Sizes: 20GB

07_Video: NeoMagic 256AV

08_Monitor: standard laptop

09_Laptop-Brand: IBM Thinkpad

10_Laptop-Model: 600E

11a_HW-Printer-Desc:

11b_HW-Sound: on

11b_HW-Sound-Desc: Crystal Semi 46xx

11c_HW-Modem-Desc:

11d_HW-Network-Desc:

11e_HW-Scanner-Desc:

11f_HW-Camera-Desc:

11g_HW-MP3-Desc:

11h_HW-Game-Ctrl-Desc:

11i_HW-DVD: on

11i_HW-DVD-Desc: IDE

11j_HW-Other:

11j_HW-Other-Desc:

12_OS-Win98: on

13_Partition: a drive with another OS

14_Distro: Suse Linux 9.0

15_Bringing_Own: on

16_Problems: A dual boot with Win 98 - must boot Windoze to play DVDs ... not a peep out of the sound card in Linux. modprobe cs46xx module not found. modprobe cs4232 not installed - wrong parameters.

17_Arrive-Time: please assign a time for me

18_Learned-How: I\'m like  a bad penny. Thanks for having an Aug IF!!!!!!

Read_Release: yes

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            "Avoid missing ball for high score"