[vox-if] Help please - must be root to play audio CD

vox-if@lists.lugod.org vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:33:57 -0700

Y'all helped me with a TP 600 running Suse Linux 9=2E0=2E=2E=2E
Sound works fine as long as I modprobe cs4232 after
I log in=2E

I have to be root in order to play an audio CD,
otherwide I get an access denied message=2E=2E=2E

my regular username is a member of the audio
group, the video group, dialout group=2E=2E=2E

symlink from /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdc looks
like a 777 ls -l /dev/hdc looks like a 660
and the ownership is rooot root=2E

What do I do??

TIA
Shorter

=
---------
Dial Broadband has arrived in most areas! Up to 5 times faster than tradi=
tional dialup connections from $13.33/month! See the demo for yourself at=
 http://www.BigValley.net=