[vox-announce] 02/17 Meeting: Second Bite @ Omsoft

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 09:52:06 PST 2020

When:
Monday, 02/17
7pm-9pm

Where:
Omsoft Networks
1930 5th Street, Suite C
Davis, CA 95616

(Please note that the project is located in the very rear of the
building. The nearest cross street is Pole Line Road, near the Davis
DMV and Post Office. See the meeting page for more information and a
link to OpenStreetMaps or Google Maps: http://www.lugod.org/meeting )

LUGOD Members and Friends,
This month's meeting is at a special location! We'll be visiting with
the creators of the Second Bite art installation
(http://www.secondbite.net) Artist Adele Louise Shaw and technical
designer Larry Dieterich to view this project and find out about the
technology behind the work. From the Second Bite mailing list:

"What goes on under the hood of this art? Join us for a special
discussion of the technology behind Second Bite. In conjunction with a
general meeting of LUGOD (Linux Users Group of Davis) Second Bite will
be hosting an open discussion and expose of the underlying workings of
this novel use of computers. Monday, Feb 17 from 7-10 PM. No tickets
are necessary and refreshments will be served."

An RSVP isn't necessary from LUGOD members, but we'd appreciate it.
You can RSVP to a club officer by email, IRC, Facebook, or in person.
Thanks!

A flyer is also available for this meeting! Please print and share:
http://www.lugod.org/documents/flyers/lugod-2020-02-meeting.pdf

http://www.lugod.org/meeting