[vox-announce] 09/17 General Meeting: Rebooting LUGOD & Trivia Night

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:44:50 PDT 2018

When:
Monday, 09/17
7pm-9pm

Where:
Explorit Nature Center
3141 5th Street
Davis, CA 95616

LUGOD Members and Friends,

Once again we approach that point in the month when we publicise our
forthcoming meeting. This month we're at Explorit Nature Centre (3141
Fifth Street, Davis). The meeting starts at 7pm on 17th September,
with the theme of "Rebooting LUGOD & Trivia Night". We have provided
prizes, including a Raspberry Pi, and sundry swag, so bring your best
brains.

We'll also be reviewing the past year at LUGOD and looking forward to
planning more exciting meetings, including at least one Installfest.

There are many things we'll be doing, including:

A review of the past year at LUGOD.
Planning more exciting meetings, including at least one Installfest.
Announcing some minor tweaks to the club's by-laws.
Getting membership authorisation for spending club funds on needed equipment.
Getting membership authorisation to change banks.
Discussing our financial position.
Looking at better publicity for the club.

We're all looking forward to discussing these things with you, and of
course there's also the Trivia Quiz, with Real Prizes™

Please help us publicise the meeting by downloading and printing the
flyer and putting it up somewhere.

Many thanks,

Kevin Weedon
Vice-President, Linux Users' Group of Davis

(Cross-posted from the Vox list. See you all Monday! -Tim)