[vox-announce] Jan 16 LUGOD: "Linux Microcontrollers", raffle, club's 7th anniversary

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 10 11:29:51 PST 2006

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  January 16, 2006
  6:30pm - 9:00pm

The meeting will be held at:

  Davis Public Library
  Blanchard room
  315 East 14th St.
  Davis, California 95616

Presentation:

  "Linux microcontrollers"
  Adam Yergovich
  JK Micro, Davis, California

    This presentation will examine Linux on the ARM architecture.
    It will also look at the future of Linux in embedded computing, and
    its relation to other embedded devices of past and present.
    While the hardware is complete, much is left open for developers
    within the software.

Raffle!

  Adam will be giving away one older prototype device (with necessary
  cables).  We will hold a raffle for to those interested in working
  more with a linux microcontroller.

Anniversary Celebration!

  LUGOD was founded in January 1999, and this meeting mark's LUGOD's
  7th birthday!

  Vevey Confections of Davis ( http://www.veveyconfections.com/ ) has
  offered to donate a cake for our celebration!

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

Borrow Books from LUGOD:

  LUGOD maintains a lending library containing nearly 150 books related
  to Linux, networking, programming and other topics.
  (See http://www.lugod.org/library/ for the complete list.)

  If you'd like for a book to be brought to this meeting so you may
  borrow it, contact: librarian at lugod.org

About LUGOD:

  The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
  dedicated to the Linux computer operating system and other Open Source
  and Free Software.

  LUGOD holds regular meetings with guest speakers in Davis, California,
  as well as other events in Davis and the greater Sacramento region.
  Events are always free and open to the public.

  Please visit our website for more details:  http://www.lugod.org/

--
Bill Kendrick
pr at lugod.org