[vox-announce] Linux/OSS demonstration at Farmers Market for Software Freedom Day, Sept. 10

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Sep 7 11:19:39 PDT 2005

The Linux Users' Group of Davis is participating with this year's
international Software Freedom Day.  ( http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/ )

LUGOD will be a table at this Saturday's Farmer's Market in downtown Davis.
(Saturday, September 10th, 2005, from 8am to 1pm.)

We will be demonstrating Linux and Open Source software, and handing out
information and free discs.  If you know anyone interested in Linux and/or
Open Source (or who should be), let them know we'll be there!

Volunteers are needed!  If you can help staff the table for part of the
event, or can burn discs to hand out, please do!  (We're giving away
copies of TheOpenCD 3.0, a compilation of OSS for Windows which can also
act as an Ubuntu Linux live CD.)

For more information, visit:  http://www.lugod.org/projects/demo/

Thank you,

-bill!