[vox-announce] Reminder: EFF at LUGOD in Davis, Monday July 21st

nbs pr@lugod.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:40:47 -0700

Just a reminder - Seth Schoen from the Electronic Frontier Foundation will
be speaking at the Linux Users' Group of Davis, in Davis, California
(near Sacramento) tomorrow, Monday, July 21st at 6:30pm!

The topic will be "The Empire Strikes Back: Constraining Free Software
Development" -- or how large corporate interests, such as the MPAA and RIAA
are stifling our rights on the Internet, and how it might effect Open Source
software development.  (Think: the DeCSS case and the "Free Dmitry" movement.)

All of the details are at LUGOD's website, here:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

Maps, directions and carpooling information are here:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

This event is, of course, free, and open to the public!
I encourage EVERYONE who can come, to do so -- it's a very important topic!

(Besides, we'll be raffling off a collection of O'Reilly books... you wouldn't
want to miss that, would you? ;^) )

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/